Congratulations everybody , we all survived another Thanksgiving !! I hope you used some of the tips and techniques you learned here to help bring happiness for yourselves and others, happiness without sharing is like oxygen without lungs. Did you remember to keep everything in “perspective” (my favorite word ) ? Did you find your holiday to be more enjoyable , less stressful ? Perhaps you came up with some techniques of your own ? Feel free to share your experiences in the comment box at the end of this post ! Or maybe you have just now stumbled upon this blog ? In that case do some catch up reading and let’s get geared up for the grand finales of the holiday season, more to come on that because you know I have all kind of ideas, notions and “perspective” to share that will hopefully help the holiday season be more enjoyable for everybody ! ”
Today I ran across a list of “15 Super Simple Ways to Share Happiness by
Here is the list ! from the referenced post above, I really like these
How To Spread Happiness
- Smile. Flash those pearly whites and give someone a smile that will light up their day. Smiles speak so many words without having to say any at all.
- Hold open the door. If you can hold the door open for someone, do so! It’s a simple gesture that speaks volumes and can also be a huge help to people as well.
- Say “Thank you”. Giving thanks to those around you is a great way to show that you care. People love to feel appreciated and saying “thank you” is the perfect way to show that appreciation.
- High Fives for everyone! No one can deny the happiness that a high five can bring! Hand those hand fives out like candy!
- Send a letter in the mail. Getting anything besides bills in the mail is an amazing feeling. Don’t wait for occasions to be the only reason that you send letters to those that you love.
- Hug it out. Hugging someone can be a great way to show them that you love them and that you care. Plus, hugging people is fun, too!
- Deliver homemade cookies. How happy would you be to open your front door and be standing face to face with a piping hot plate of fresh oven baked cookies? If you bake it, they will come!
- Invite someone over for coffee. Great conversations bring about happiness, so why not start your day off with a friend and a perfectly brewed pot of coffee!
- Donate items to a family member or friend. If you no longer have a use for certain items, why not see if your family members or friends would like them for free?
- Offer your services for free. Have family or friends that need some help around the house? If you can help, do so! Cleaning up rooms, washing dishes, helping out with laundry or even doing a bit of yard work is a great way to make someone’s day and bring them lots of happiness.
- Leave little notes all around. Love notes, happy notes, thank you notes…they can be notes about anything and everything but the focus should be one making someone feel special and happy. Sticking them on mirrors and in lunchboxes are a great way to make someone’s day!
- Give compliments. Like someone’s shirt? Tell them. Loving a new hairstyle on your friend? Compliment them. Why hold it in if it can make someone else feel better?
- Gift a present just “because”. Everyone loves gifts, no matter what they are. When you’re out and about and you see something that reminds you of someone, get it and give it to them. It’ll mean so much to them that you thought of them!
- Listen when they talk. So many times, all people want is someone to hear them and listen to them. Instead of fighting it, just sit and let them talk!
- Craft up something just for them. Are you DIYer? Then use those skills to create something special for someone. Hats, socks, or even a blanket are all fun items to make and gift that anyone would love.
This should have your mind in the proper mode to think of things on your own , can you think of other things ? Are you getting an endorphin rush thinking about it ? Welcome to the joy of sharing happiness ! In my opinion we are all here to help each other , even if it is just a happiness boost , I think everybody will agree the world needs way more happiness. Remember when you share happiness the ripple effect extends far beyond your one simple act or idea ! Spread the happiness everybody !!